This Snapshot has been produced to give you a brief overview of how you can support a person with a visual impairment.
Within this module we will cover:
- What the term “visual impairment” means
- Some Types of eye conditions and visual impairment
- Facts and figures about visual impairments
- How to offer support to a person with a visual impairment
- Types of assistance dogs you may encounter
Having the confidence and the knowledge to communicate effectively with a person who has a visual impairment is an important part of providing a great customer experience.
Our Learning Snapshot provides an overview of visual impairment so that you can understand how best to interact with those who have a visual impairment.
The content of this Learning Snapshot has been developed by people who have real life experience of interacting with people who have a disability.
The Learning Snapshot is designed to be a quick point of reference and is ideally suited to remote employees and individuals who need to gain a quick overview of the topic or as a supporting resource alongside our other equality, diversity and inclusion modules.
The aim of this course is to provide the learner with an understanding of the term ‘Visual Impairment’ and the different forms and conditions associated with it and how to offer assistance to a person with a visual impairment.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain what the term “visual impairment” means
- Identify the different types of visual impairments
- Demonstrate how to assist a person with a visual impairment
- Identify the different types of assistance dogs
This course will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Further resources are available from the Diversity Document Toolkit. The toolkit contains factsheets, guides, forms and checklists which can support and embed what has been learnt.