This course teaches learners about the importance of disability awareness, gives practical insights into how to offer the best level of support to individuals with a disability and introduces the Equality Act 2010.
The United Kingdom has over 11 million people with a disability or a long term health condition. Understanding how to provide quality support to people with a disability makes strong business sense.
The aim of this course is to provide the learner with an awareness of the Equality Act 2010 and the protected characteristics covered under the Act. The key aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The types and impact of discrimination and harassment.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘Disability’
- Understand why disability awareness matters
- Identify the different types of Disability
- Explain how the Equality Act 2010 offers protection to individuals
- Demonstrate what you can do to support an individual with a disability
- State the Exclusions under the term ‘Disability’
This course will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Further resources are available from the Diversity Document Toolkit. The toolkit contains factsheets, guides, forms and checklists which can support and embed what has been learnt.