This course teaches learners about the importance of disability awareness, gives practical insights into how to offer the best level of support to individuals with a disability and introduces the Equality Act 2010.
The United Kingdom has over 11 million people with a disability or a long term health condition. Understanding how to provide quality support to people with a disability makes strong business sense.
Within this module we explore:
- What we mean by the term disability
- Why disability awareness matters
- What the law says about disability
- What you can do to support an individual with a disability
- The different types of disability
This course has been designed by people who have real life experience of working with those with a disability and offers practical advice that can be used in everyday life.
Further resources are available from the Knowledge Centre to support and embed what has been learnt.